Paul Staso is a father of four children; a former 5th grade teacher; and an ultra-endurance runner (or “journey runner”). His personal mission is to encourage, educate, inspire, and motivate children worldwide to adopt life-long habits toward a healthy lifestyle; to expand their knowledge of the world around them; and to pursue their goals and dreams with the abilities they possess.
P.A.C.E. is “Promoting Active Children Everywhere” (www.pacetrek.com) and this blog shares thoughts from ultra-endurance runner Paul Staso as he trains for – and actually does – runs across states and countries promoting youth fitness. In 2006, Paul ran 3,260 miles solo across America in a mere 108 days (see www.pacerun.com). He has since run solo across Montana (620 miles in 20 days), Alaska (500 miles in 18 days), Germany (500 miles in 21 days), and the Mojave Desert (506 miles in 17 days).
Special Honors Received:
- 2002: Olympic Games Torchbearer
- 2006: Health Hero Award by the Mayo Clinic
- 2008: Montana AHPERD Distinguished Service Award
- 2010: Named as the First European PTA Youth Ambassador
- 2010: Keynote Speaker at European AHPERD Conference, Germany
- 2010: Dept. of Defense Dependents Schools AHPERD Cert. of Appreciation